Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Insert Letter Here

So I got to do something different and interesting today...I job shadowed somebody for part of their day. It was a nice change of pace and gave me some insight and things to think about. It's part of my "what do I want to be when I grow up" campaign. I am hoping to job shadow others in the near future and am considering a trip to the local employment service center on a quest for enlightenment...or at the very least, some help with my resume.

On a completely different note, I glanced at my moniker a little while ago and it inspired me to share a little story... One of my favourite comfy t-shirts is one that I purchased at Living Planet while home on vacation a couple of years ago. On it is printed the word "Baygirl." This word needs no explanation to any Newfoundlander, but its definition is not exactly blatant to British Columbians. I have joked to others who have been to Newfoundland and know the meaning behind the term that other people here probably think it is a type of perfume or cologne or something. However, what I didn't account for is how the human brain works...An acquaintance of mine here remarked to me a while ago that certain colours look good on me and happened to mention my t-shirt..."you know, the one with 'Baby Girl' written on it..." I wonder how many people are seeing that when they look at my shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment