Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Unofficial Boyfriend (revised)


The conversation went something like this: 

UB: "So...is it official yet?" 
Me: "What?"
UB: "Ummm, nevermind."
Me: "You can't say nevermind after that question"
UB: " There's a better time to ask. I'll ask you later, if it even needs asking."

Later...

Me: "So what was it you wanted to ask me?"
UB: "Oh, I was kinda hoping you would have forgotten that."
Me: "Nope."
UB: "Well...basically what I was trying to get at was...well, I just figured that...if we're going to be seeing each other...and if we're going to be getting romantic...then....well...I just wondered if...."
Me: "Yes....?"
UB: "Well...I was wondering...I mean...what are we?"
Me: "What do you want us to be?"
UB: "Well....you know...I was wondering...if we could maybe be...you know...boyfriend and girlfriend?"
Me: Grin
UB: "It's ok. You don't have to answer or say anything. I know it's really soon and we said we weren't going to rush. I just wondered is all. We can take our time."
Me: "How about we make it UNofficial for now?"
UB: "Well I'd say that's a step in the right direction."
Me: "But we are agreed it's exclusive?"
UB: "Oh yeah - definitely."
Me: Grin. Giggle. 
UB: "What? What's so funny?"
Me: Giggle. "You asked if we could be boyfriend and girlfriend."

Pause

Me: "Why do you keep looking at me?"
UB: "You're making happy sounds. I guess I just want to be a part of it. But to be honest, I'm pretty happy myself right now." 
Me: Even goofier grin. 

Cross your fingers for me, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment