Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Classics

A quick update, and then on to the good stuff...

Canada Post pulled it off by the skin of their teeth and my family got the rest of their presents and cards. Again - PHEW! The surprise wedding gift went over well - I put together a brochure for a mini-honeymoon and had a gift certificate sent out from The Leaside Manor in St. John's. Apparently I timed it perfectly...the only thing is, they got the certificate in the morning and had to go back to the post office later in the day to get their parcel because they hadn't been sorted yet when they made their ritual daily trip to pick up the mail. Of course, all that did was provide a little mystery and intrigue (since it was unsigned) before the brochure arrived to set things straight so it's all good. My brother and his girlfriend are going to chip in and pay for whatever dining and entertainment or relaxation options they select from the brochure as well, so it should be a good time for them (and I'm quite happy with myself for having such a bright idea in the first place :D).

Ok, so my partner and I have been in the midst of our annual Christmas DVD marathon for the past few days and I figured I would scour You Tube for some clips of our favourites to share on here (in no particular order)

Kids/Cartoons:

1. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the original is my fave, but I guess the updated Jim Carrey version is ok too)





2. A Muppet Family Christmas





(the Fraggles sing "Pass it On" about 3 minutes in)

3. A Muppet Christmas Carol



4. Rudolph



Other:

1. The Nutcracker (live...not on DVD...and we don't get to see it this year :()





2. Scrooge



3. It's A Wonderful Life




Oh, and FYI, the only Christmas movie I can honestly say I can't stand (although I've never been able to sit through the whole thing because that kid with the glasses annoys the crap out of me):

A Christmas Story (Blech!)

No comments:

Post a Comment