Friday, April 16, 2010

Name Change

So, as mentioned awhile ago, the move back to the island kind of necessitates a name change for the blog. So far, I am drawing a blank (although, admittedly, I haven't exactly been putting a lot of thought into it with so much else on my plate). I'm thinking probably something that would reflect new beginnings or a return home (since that will likely be the predominant theme in my blogs for awhile), but haven't yet come up with anything I like. Any suggestions out there to get me started?

In other news, I have finally been able to regain enough stability to start getting back on track with my normal diet and exercise routines (which have been thrown completely out of whack for the last couple of months or more, which has in turn resulted in unwanted extra poundage on top of what I was already wanting to shed). I am happy to report that after only a few days, I am already down 1.2 lbs. Yay me! Let's hope that continues!

...And one last note: I am really not enjoying getting reacquainted with Newfoundland's version of spring. YUCK! I have been totally spoiled over the past few years. Imagine - experiencing seasons as they were meant to occur within the timeframes they are expected to occur. What a novel idea! In the big picture, it's not that big a deal, of course. It is only weather, after all, and we are notorious for not having great weather out here in the middle of the Atlantic. And it is more than a fair tradeoff to put up with poor weather in turn for being around so many people I love and need right now...but a girl can rant and complain for a bit, can't she?

3 comments:

  1. I thought this quote really fit our quest for change (and change in the blog name perhaps)...
    The human mind always makes progress, but it is a progress in spirals.
    (L'esprit humain fait progres toujours, mais c'est progres en spirale.)
    by Madame De Stael

    Maybe "Spiralling Progression" or some other take?

    Guess Who...... ?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I need to sit with that for a bit, being like I am lol. Thanks for the suggestion! If any others occur to you, feel free to share! :-) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi BG,

    I think if you look at your new profile you may find the answer and new blog name in your own words - Searching For The New Normal.

    On some level, we all can relate to that.

    Cheers,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete