Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Absent

Where are you when I talk to you and my words bounce off your ears? Why can you not be present? The number of times I am asked to repeat myself is almost insulting...except that I know you are not you. And then you claim to not know the things I have already told you. It is so difficult to choke back the frustration and disappointment. I love you dearly, my friend, but I very rarely get to see you these days. Your self-imposed isolation has become more literal than metaphorical and has no explanation...or one that makes so little sense I am not sure what to make of it. I don't know how to reach you or what to expect when I finally do...will it be anger I find? Sadness? Loneliness? Or am I expected to pretend, yet again, that everything is normal? When did this anomaly become acceptable in my world? I long to remove these kid gloves and walk on something more substantial than eggshells. I'm so weary of having the same conversation and making/accepting excuses on your behalf. I can no longer cope in this role. Where are you?

2 comments:

  1. BayGirl you have given me a face splitting grin with your line... "I long to remove these kid gloves and walk on something more substantial than eggshells.", golden golden golden!!! I may just have to steal this gem. I try to come back every once in a while and catch up with you, just so you know some of your distant friends are still in your corner. Your long lost AB friend... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it, friend,...and I know when you say that that you truly do - your love of words is as keen as my own :) SO good to hear from you and know you are still in my corner and keeping up with me from time to time :) Hope all is well in your world. Miss and love you bunches and hope to see you again one day soon!

    PS: You just made my night and put a huge smile on my face in return :) Shoot me an email soon and bring me up to date on the goings on in your life ;)

    XOXO BG

    ReplyDelete