Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another Saturday Night

No one said it would be easy starting over and this is certainly not where I thought I'd be at 30. However, it could always be worse...as one friend says to me, "You could be blind, pregnant and homeless. Then you would have real problems." Somehow that is cold comfort on a night like this...

Yes, it has been a long and lonely 24 hours. However, instead of falling into the "woe is me" mode, I thought I would try and keep it somewhat light. In that vein, may I present for your listening/viewing pleasure:



Well, you know...change the lyrics a bit and you get the drift. Tis just as well to laugh as to cry, as my great-grandmother used to say...

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so enjoy reading your blog, though sorry to read of the turmoil.

    I was known as The Dating Queen when I was in my early fifties so know whereof you speak when meeting men on line and through a then telephone dating system.

    One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was:

    Pay attention on the very first date as that is the best version of the guy you are ever going to get.

    It was marvellous advice though I did choose to ignore it now and again, much to my regret.

    And I too was astonished at the number who wanted sex after an hour of meeting with them!

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much WWW :) I too have garnered a few affectionate tags along the same lines from close friends.

    That seems like sound advice, indeed...and I think may help me put some things into perspective...My propensity to see the best in people certainly does not always serve me well...

    ReplyDelete