Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Trouble With Cell Phones

...is understanding what the heck you are paying for and making sense of your bill!!! I just spent over 30 minutes on the phone with an agent trying to figure out how to lower my cost - unfortunately, to no avail. I am with Telus and have had the same voice and data plan for awhile now. However, I have noticed in the last few months that my data is getting eaten up more quickly and that, since cutting my home phone (in an effort to save money and because my new apartment is not wired for it), I am incurring long distance charges that I didn't have before...even though I hardly ever use my phone and 99% of my calling is to people on my favourites list. I figured there must be a way to remedy that. After all, Boyfriend has a different (more expensive on paper) plan than me with a whole lot more data and he never pays more than I do. When I inquired as to whether that plan would be a good alternative for me to choose, I was told it is no longer offered. In fact, Telus is apparently going to be shaking everything up good in the near future due to the new CRTC rules. The problem is, the agent was unable to tell me whether the new plans being rolled out would help me or not. Sigh.

What are your thoughts and experiences with cell phone plans and providers?

No comments:

Post a Comment