Friday, November 12, 2010

No In-Between

Just a quick update/rant regarding the online dating scene...I seem to be attracting 20 year olds, 50 year olds, those reeking of desperation or outright looking for booty only and anyone who can't formulate a coherent/correct sentence....sigh. Woe, oh woe, is me. Where are all the intelligent, decent looking men with a sense of humour? They are certainly not knocking on my door in the real world! I mean I'm not looking for Einstein (I'm not sure if that's the best example, but you get the drift), nor am I seeking anyone who is as muscle bound as Arnold was in his prime or as chiseled as an underwear model or as hot as Brad Pitt or Antonio Banderas were in their heyday. All I want is someone who can carry a conversation, communicate with me on my level, finds some of the same things funny and entertaining, and who happens to be attractive in my eyes (well that's the base model that would at least give me something to work with...of course there is some room for fine-tuning in that list). Is that really too much to ask????? I mean, I know I said I was content doing my own thing for now - and I am, for the most part - but some days it gets damned lonely and it would be great to have someone of the opposite sex (as in a non-platonic potential romantic interest) to spend time with once in awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you do, don’t make the same mistake my wife made and settle. At least that’s her story and she’s stickin’ to it.

    But seriously, hang in there, someone is bound to came along and be the right one. And at a time when you least expect it. That’s what happened to me. Like you, I had a difficult break up (I guess most people do) but in hindsight, it was the best thing to happen to me because I meet my wife soon afterwards. And not a day goes by when I don’t tell her that -or she reminds me how lucky I am :) And, as wonderful as she is as my wife, she’s a better mother to our two sons. We three boys lucked out.

    Oh, by the way, that dancing around the house naked isn’t all its cracked up to be. My teenage son and his friends didn’t think it was funny at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris :) I'm sure you're right. And honestly, most days I'm in no rush. I don't intend to settle. If that were the case I would've been just as well off to stay in my previous relationships :)

    ...and the naked dancing was meant to be performed sans audience ;) lol Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete