Friday, November 20, 2009

Dem's the Brakes

So I have been getting a lot less sleep than I am used to functioning on for the past week or two due to a lot of changes, a few unexpected incidents, some job-related stress, and an inability to shut my brain off from thinking about them all. My body is telling me it's had enough. However, I dragged my butt out of bed this morning at 6:30am to wake myself up and start getting ready in case I was called to work. I even went the extra mile and did my hair and makeup and packed my lunch in advance...just in case. And wouldn't you know it...this looks like it is going to be the first day in a while that I will not be getting called in. I suppose in a way it's like a gift - an unexpected day off, who wouldn't love that?! On the other hand, I happen to love sleep and I am seriously jealous that my partner (who is a shift worker and currently working the "afternoon" shift) is still sleeping while I've been up for 2 1/2 hours. That's just not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment