Saturday, January 23, 2010

Quick and Easy Pasta

I meant to post this with my other "Quick and Easy" yesterday, but by the time I sat down to type I couldn't for the life of me remember what the second recipe was that I was going to share. Anyway, here it is...

I was wanting something different the other day and this is what I came up with (I checked on allrecipes.com for a similar recipe to what my taste buds were craving and modified the one I found):

1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 field or hothouse tomatoes, diced
2-3 tbsp olive oil
3-4 fresh white or button mushrooms, sliced
salt, pepper, basil and oregano, to taste
about 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, give or take
about 2 cups whole wheat penne, give or take

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté garlic and mushrooms. Add tomatoes and spices to pan and continue to cook on med-low heat. When pasta is ready, combine with tomato mixture. Top with parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!

If you try this, let me know what you think. My partner and I quite liked it :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment