Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Homemade Solutions

I am sitting here with globs of oatmeal drying onto my face and thought I would share some quick all-natural "recipes" while I wait to go rinse it off. Let's start with what I am wearing...


For the face:

Honey Oat Scrub/Mask

If you mix together about 1/4 cup of rolled oats, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp milk (give or take), you can use it as a facial scrub or apply it and leave it on until it dries to get the benefits of a mask. Personally, I start with the scrub and then put a fresh coat on and use it as a mask. It really works!


Here's one for the body:

Bath Salt (from 1001 Natural Remedies)

Combine the following:
1/2 cup Epsom salts
1/2 cup sea salt
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup borax

Use 4-8 tbsp in a warm bath to relax and purify (I like to add about 1/2 dozen drops of lavender and tea tree or eucalyptus essential oils* as well).

* I have ranted on here before about my chemical/scent sensitivities. Interestingly enough, although I still cannot handle those that are particularly pungent, most essential oils do not seem to bother me. Perhaps due to the lack of chemicals?

And for the home:

Sink and Tub Cleanser (from 1001 Natural Remedies)

1/3 cup baking soda
1/3 cup borax
1 tsp natural liquid dishwashing soap (I use Nature Clean's all purpose cleaning lotion in my cleaners)
5 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops eucalyptus essential oil

Try 'em out and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment