Friday, January 22, 2010

Quick and Easy Salsa

I mentioned a little while ago that I was going to post this, and with the weekend upon us I figured why not now?

You will need the following:

1 medium onion, diced fine (I use yellow, but red might be alright too)

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped

3-4 tomatoes, diced (field tomatoes are good for this purpose, I find)

fresh cilantro, finely chopped (I have only been able to find it in huge bunches, so I just estimate how much I think will be enough...about 3-4 sprigs should do it, if I remember correctly)

the juice from one lime

Combine ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour - more if you prefer.

Since this salsa is a bit messy, I have found that eating it with Scoops tortilla chips is the tidiest option. Any leftover salsa will keep in the fridge for a few days.

If you try this, let me know what you think. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You're welcome, hope you like it :0) I find now that I've gotten used to this one, I much prefer it to the standard store-bought variety.

    ReplyDelete